Vineyard at Popova Kula micro location, Demir Kapija district, Tikvesh wine region
Composition: 100% Chardonnay
Description of the wine:
Chardonnay Perfect Choice is a barrique white wine with a bright yellow-green color. The wine shows rich aroma palette – ripe yellow fruits, pineapple, peach, vanilla, and white shades chocolate, highlighted based on mineral purity. The taste has very good structure and harmony. The aromas of butter, pear and fruit pudding stand out. There is juicy finish and lasting aftertaste that retains its sensual maturity from the barrels.
Consume chilled to 12 ° C with white meat and paste.
Total acids: 5.70 grams per liter
Sugars: 1 gram per liter
Alcohol: 14.6 %
The season this year was great in many ways, it was the warmest, the earliest and without a doubt one of the best seasons to develop great quality the fruit. In the month of February there were unusually high temperatures, after followed by slightly colder temperatures in March which provided excellent preconditions for the development of tastes. The grapes were harvested in August in the fresh, in the morning hours. Each bunch was hand-picked with the best indicators of acidity and sugars.
- Grape crushing and de-staming.
- 6 hour cold maceration at 15 ° pressing
- spontaneous deposition of must over 24 hours
- fermentation at 14-15 ° C under controlled aeration
- At least 3 months of service in oak barrels
- Silver medal for Chardonnay Barik 2007 – Mostar Wine Fair 2009
- Recognition for Chardonnay Barik 2007 – Split Wine Fair 2009