Vineyard at Besvichki Livadki micro location, Demir Kapija district, Tikvesh wine region
Varietal Composition: 100% Vranec
This exceptional Vranec Perfect Choice wine is a sublime of the traditional and modern, a combination of high quality grapes and the most modern technology. It is characterized by a deep ruby color, aroma of overripe cherries and blueberries. The taste is rich and varied, full and long. Matured for at least 12 months in four different types of oak barrels, this wine is a true classic of perfection! We recommend decanting it 20 minutes before consuming it. Always the perfect choice!
Combination with food
It is wonderful in combination with game, and we suggest you try it with dark chocolate.
Total acids: 6.1 grams per liter
Sugars: 2.2 grams per liter
Alcohol: 14 % vol.
The moderately rainy winter was followed by a warm spring, which created ideal conditions for an early start to the season. Rainfall was in normal quantities and evenly distributed throughout the year. These conditions, which had the same course during the harvest, contributed to the high quality of this year’s grapes and created excellent conditions for the expert teams for making and harvesting the grapes. The grapes were harvested at the middle of September. The grapes were picked by hand and then placed in crates.
- Grape crushing and de-staming.
- 48 hour cold maceration at 15 ° C
- 10 daily fermentation at 23-25 0 C degrees during which a complete “overhaul” is done twice
- Complete “overhaul” is done twice
- Maturation of wine in 4 types of oak barrels (Macedonian, French, American and Hungarian) for a period of 12-18 months
- Silent fermentation in tanks for 5 months
- Clarification, stabilization and bottling
- The wine is left to stand in a bottle for 1 year before being put on sale.
- Gold medal for Vranec Perfect Choice 2005 – Split Wine Fair 2009
- Gold medal for Vranec Perfect Choice 2005 – Wine Festival Vinoskop Skopje 2008
- Silver medal for Vranec Perfect Choice 2005 – Novi Sad Wine Fair
- Silver medal for Vranec Perfect Choice 2005 – Royal wine
Belgrade match 2009